These are my collections of pics from my celly I snap when i'm being the "Man About Town". They are here strictly for your and my entertainment. So just enjoy. If you want to make your own Blog or MoBlog (mobile blog) email me, skype me or hit me up on the celly and i'll think about teaching you. Holla

Monday, June 02, 2008

Doc's Tomato Basil Garlic Bisque

3 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 lg. onion
1 1/2 tbsp. garlic
1 1/2 tbsp. dried basil or if fresh is used, add more
4 c. chicken broth
1 c. flour
2 c. Italian plum tomatoes or 1 (2 lb.) can whole peeled or fresh tomatoes
2 tbsp. tomato paste
Pinch to 1/2 tsp. thyme leaves
Salt and pepper to taste

Saute until onions are wilted but not brown in olive oil and butter. Add garlic and saute until tender. Do not brown or burn garlic or butter. Add seasonings and all tomatoes and most of chicken broth saving about 1/2 cup to make a roux with the flour to be added near end of cooking. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Make a roux with reserved chicken broth, add to thicken. Then puree in blender. Cook 15 minutes longer. Serve with French bread or as topping for stuffed cabbage or bell peppers.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger mzhb said...

hi'Doc'very good/Doc's Tomato Basil Garlic Bisque w/French Bread...harrietB

10:54 AM

 
Blogger mzhb said...

tks-Doc' hope to hear from you 'soon...mzhb

11:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home