These are my collections of pics from my celly I snap when i'm being the "Man About Town". They are here strictly for your and my entertainment. So just enjoy. If you want to make your own Blog or MoBlog (mobile blog) email me, skype me or hit me up on the celly and i'll think about teaching you. Holla

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Flock, the "Social Web Browser"

skitched-20080604-010541.jpg

Flock, the "Social Web Browser"
built on the same Mozilla engine as Firefox, has launched the latest stable version, 1.2. The beta has been available for a while now.

In this version, Digg, Pownce, and AOL Mail integration. Digg and Pownce makes sense, but the AOL mail one didn't really excite us all that much.

It seems like Flock is stockpiling partners and features though and are putting together a very nice user experience "out of the box" that other browsers can't offer.

Firefox is perfect for the ubergeek that wants to install his or her own extensions, but for someone like our mothers or aunts who just want to try out this new fangled web thing, Flock is the answer.

Plus, the browser's blog editor is still the killerest app out there for any browser.

The knock on Flock has been stability which we haven't seen issues with on Windows or Mac, but the loadtime for first startup is a known issue that they're working on.

They recently won a
Webby award for "Best in Social Networking"
which is actually quite impressive considering that they were up against Facebook.

Go give Flock a shot
and let us know what me think.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home