These are my collections of pics from my celly I snap when i'm being the "Man About Town". They are here strictly for your and my entertainment. So just enjoy. If you want to make your own Blog or MoBlog (mobile blog) email me, skype me or hit me up on the celly and i'll think about teaching you. Holla

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Songbird now has 10K song and growing

The latest update, version 0.6 for Windows, Power PC Macs, Intel Macs, and Linux, includes the ability to handle turkey-size music collections greater than 10,000 songs, improved memory management, a metadata editor, improved portable player syncing, support for SHOUTcast, and more.

The code improvements have allowed for smoother scrolling, faster filtering, and just overall better management of music collections of any size. Songbird is well on its way to being a serious jukebox. Other fixes include the previously nonfunctional edit menu joining the land of the living and the introduction of in-page text searching.

Some of the improvements are no-brainers, but it's good to know that they've been addressed.

With all the hoopla over Opera and the upcoming Firefox 3 final release, there's a good chance that Songbird's baby beta steps will get ignored, but this has been one of the most promising programs being developed, and v0.6 will only whet your appetite.

I personally use songbird and it is growing on me. Give it a look

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home